When do I need to go to my doctor?
Always consult your Pharmacist but for best advice a GP Referral is recommended if diarrhoea continues for more than 2 days or in the following situations:
- Moderate or severe diarrhoea in young children/infants.
- Blood in faeces.
- Associated non–cramping abdominal pain, fever, weight loss, etc.
- People who have been travelling.
- In food handlers, because of the potential to infect others.
- In institutions such as hospitals, child care centres, or geriatric and convalescent homes.